Local Progress Impact Lab’s Policy & Strategy Primers are a series of foundational learning sessions on policy tools and strategy designed to help local electeds and staff figure out where and how to get started on key issues. Whether you’re recently elected or looking to build your knowledge in a specific area, each session will dig in on both policies and strategic approaches to help you use all your local levers to drive change. The series operates on a regular, recurring schedule throughout the year focusing on issues related to housing, community safety, economic justice, and communications strategies.
Our 2023 schedule is live! You can sign up below for as many sessions as you like and as far in advance as you want:
1. Who can sign up for the Policy & Strategy Primers?
The series is open to all Local Progress members – including those who have recently joined, those who have been active for years, and those who are no longer in elected office (i.e. alumni). It is also open to your staff. All we ask is that each person signs up individually so they receive the appropriate Zoom links.
2. Can I invite my staff to join?
Yes! They can sign up for as many sessions as they like even if you are also planning to join or not.
3. I can’t make any of the virtual workshops. Are there other resources available?
Yes, there are many resources available to you as a Local Progress member:
- You can search and access policy resources around numerous topics in our resource library.
- In addition to the Policy & Strategy Primers, the Local Progress Impact Lab regularly hosts other trainings and webinars and we send those invites out through our email list (so keep an eye out for those opportunities as they come)!
- Another great way to grow your leadership is by participating in the Progressive Governance Academy, a program specifically designed to ensure you have the resources, assets, tools and skills they need to become powerful and effective leaders.