Today, Local Progress Minnesota (LPMN) was officially certified as our FOURTH state chapter!
With more than 60 local electeds across the state, LPMN is driving progressive change through collaborative governance with local partners & communities.
A Local Progress state chapter is a statewide organization of Local Progress members with a formal leadership structure, a robust and representative membership, and typically a goal to raise money to hire staff capacity locally. State chapter development and certification is approved by Local Progress’ national board.
LPMN joins New York, Texas, and North Carolina as a state chapter. The chapter is led by an organizing committee including:
- Mitra Jalali, St. Paul Councilmember (co-chair)
- Robyn Gulley, West St. Paul City Councilmember (co-chair)
- Mike Elliot, Mayor, Brooklyn Center
- Trista Matascastillo, Ramsey County Board Chair
- Thomas Brooks, Osseo School Board Member
- Nadia Mohamed, St. Louis Park Councilmember
- Azrin Awal, Duluth City Councilmember
- Jen Westmorelan, Hopkins School Board Chair